I’ve been on a quest to find local nonprofit blogs. I thought I should share the list (along with each organizations mission statement) in case you were looking for some to follow. If you know of any others, please share in the comments section below.. enjoy!
- Casa Valentina: Casa Valentina’s mission is to help young women transition successfully from foster care to independent living.
- Art Studio Miami: The mission of Art Studio Inc, a 501c3 non-profit organization, is to empower young minds by providing a safe location where youth are inspired and guided by artists, teachers and professional mentors who support the student’s education and career development through the integration of creative holistic arts.
- Voices for Children Foundation: The mission of Voices For Children Foundation is to raise funds to ensure that every abused and neglected child in Miami-Dade County has a court-appointed Guardian ad Litem and that financial assistance and other resources are available for their accompanying health, educational, and social needs.
- Fairchild Tropical Botanical Gardens: Our mission is to save tropical plant diversity by exploring, explaining and conserving the world of tropical plants; fundamental to this task is inspiring a greater knowledge and love for plants and gardening so that all can enjoy the beauty and bounty of the tropical world.
- South Florida Red Cross: The American Red Cross, a humanitarian organization led by volunteers and guided by its Congressional Charter and the Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross Movement, will provide relief to victims of disaster and help people prevent, prepare for, and respond to emergencies.
- MOCA: The Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) is dedicated to making contemporary art accessible to diverse audiences – especially underserved populations – through the collection, preservation and exhibition of the best of contemporary art and its art historical influences.
- Catalyst Miami: To develop and support individual leadership and strong organizations that work together to improve health, education and economic opportunity in all our communities.
- Knight Foundation: Knight Foundation supports transformational ideas that promote quality journalism, advance media innovation, engage communities and foster the arts. We believe that democracy thrives when people and communities are informed and engaged.
- LegalArt Miami: Founded in 2003, LegalArt has dedicated itself to providing artists with affordable legal services, grants and educational opportunities. By empowering artists with access to legal and professional support, resources and information, LegalArt creates opportunities and protections for Miami’s art community; fostering a generation armed with the skills to legally protect their creations. All LegalArt programming helps artists by creating a community both dedicated to and invested in their success.
- Greater Miami Jewish Federation: The Mission of the Greater Miami Jewish Federation is to mobilize human and financial resources to care for those in need, strengthen Jewish life and advance the unity, values and shared purpose of the Jewish people in Miami, in Israel and around the world.
Adding another great organization to the list!
11. KidSafe Foundation: KidSafe Foundation is a 501c3 nonprofit whose mission is to empower children, teachers and parents with personal safety education life skills to make safer and smarter choices. It is our goal to decrease the incidents of child abuse, bullying, peer pressure, abduction and internet safety issues to create confident skilled children who can be the first line of defense in their own safety. KidSafe Foundation offers prevention education programs for children ages 4-15 and their parents. This consists of providing adult seminars, teacher workshops and in classroom lessons with the children. Prevention Education Life Skills are taught through a 4, 6 or 8 week program. The lessons are fun, developmentally appropriate and include activities such as song, art, role-playing, games, and discussion. This empowering program allows the children and parents to open communication regarding sensitive topics in a safe environment.