I wanted to highlight Catalyst Miami (formerly the Human Services Coalition) in a blog post because I think they are a great resource for local nonprofits and do-gooders. I first learned about Catalyst Miami last year while searching for an organization to get involved with. I was automatically drawn to their emphasis on empowering both individuals and nonprofits to make South Florida a better place.
For nonprofits in particular, they have developed the Nonprofit Leadership Training Institute (NLTI) to help strengthen the organizational capacity of local nonprofits. Earlier this month I attended their first NLTI session – Development with a Dose of Reality. Local fundraising consultant Glenn Kaufhold of GKollaborative led the session, giving local organizations advice on how to create a development plan. It was a great opportunity for local organizations (especially startups) to get insight from an experienced professional and ask questions. If you are interested in learning more about the sessions, they will be sending out information via their e-newsletter (you can sign up on their website).
Future NLTI sessions include:
- Individual and Major Giving Plans
- Nonprofit Sales Pitch 101
- The Written Message
- Social Media for Nonprofits
- Unique Challenges of Managing Nonprofit Employees
- Creating a Dynamic and Engaged Workplace – SPEC
- Nonprofits in the World of Profit – Business Strategies and Management
- Stakeholder Engagement – Partnerships and Alliances for Community Success
- Tell Your Story – Use Data to Show Impact
- Tools for Internal Change – Managing Internal Roles and Assessments
- Advocacy and Storytelling – Building a Movement
- Applying an Asset-Based Approach to Your Development Projects
- Organizational Leadership
- Positive Change Through Media Arts
- Make Government Your Ally
I hope you find this post helpful and can make use of this neat resource. 🙂 If you know of any other great resources for our local nonprofits, please share them either in the comments below or send me an email at email@example.com. I’d love to highlight them also!
Catalyst Miami // www.catalystmiami.org
Creative video explanation of what they do: Catalyst Miami
Mission: To develop and support individual leadership and strong organizations that work together to improve health, education and economic opportunity in all our communities.